Fox News

Fox News drops Bill O’Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

Fox News is cutting ties with Bill O’Reilly, the biggest star in its 20-year history, after mounting allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior prompted the network to end his program. “After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement, “the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.” Wednesday’s decision seemed unimaginable a few short weeks ago, given O’Reilly’s long reign as the top-rated host in cable news. But the climate shifted dramatically after The New York Times reported on April 1 that O’Reilly or Fox had paid $13 million to settle five cases against him alleging sexual or other harassment. More than 50 advertisers withdrew from his prime-time show, and 21st Century Fox asked a law firm to investigate a complaint from a woman who said O’Reilly dropped efforts to make her a contributor in 2013 after she turned down his invitation to visit his hotel room. O’Reilly said in a statement Wednesday: “It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims. But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today. I will always look back on my time at Fox with great pride in the unprecedented success we achieved and with my deepest gratitude to all my dedicated viewers. I wish only the best for Fox News Channel.” O’Reilly, 67, had not previously commented on his status since leaving on vacation last week—he met Pope Francis Wednesday in a VIP line at the Vatican—but his lawyer issued a blistering statement Tuesday accusing his liberal opponents of a “smear campaign.” The statement said O’Reilly “has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America.”

Agreed..  At best, this was handled VERY poorly by the Murdoch family.  And, we suspect there will most definitely be a backlash against Fox News by Bill’s legion of fans, whom he didn’t even get to say goodbye to.  Wow..

Fox News Channel’s Brenda Buttner Passes Away

Brenda Buttner, host of Fox News Channel’s “Bulls and Bears,” has passed away at age 55 after a battle with cancer. Based in New York, she joined the network in 2000, after hosting CNBC’s “The Money Club” and serving as the network’s Washington correspondent. Buttner graduated with honors from Harvard University with a B.A. in social studies and went on to become a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University, where she graduated with high honors in politics and economics. Neil Cavuto offered a heartfelt tribute to Buttner on “Your World,” praising her intelligence, heart and sense of humor. “She took stock of life much more than any stock in life,” Cavuto said. “It’s what separated her from everyone else in this business. Not just dollars, you see, Brenda had depth.” “Let it be known that Brenda Buttner made us want to watch a business show with heart. Her heart, her spirit,” Cavuto said. “She democratized dollars and just made sense.” “Business journalism is never going to be the same. I just don’t know, now that she’s gone, whether we’ll ever be. Brenda Buttner, gone way too soon at 55.” Many of Buttner’s colleagues took to social media to say goodbye and share their condolences..

Very sorry to hear this!  And, how vey unexpected for those of us who didn’t know she was fighting cancer.  Brenda was a familiar, and friendly, face on Saturday mornings for well over a decade.  To see some Tweets and watch a touching video, click on the text above.  R.I.P., Brenda

Opinion: Why Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News for NBC

Megyn Kelly offered a heartfelt tribute to Fox News and her viewers in explaining her “tough decision” to leave the network for NBC. At the close of Tuesday’s “Kelly File,” Kelly said she felt a “human connection” to her viewers and also treasures that “particularly when it comes to my children, who are 7, 5 and 3,” signaling that her nighttime schedule was a key factor in her decision. “I have grown up here and been given every chance a young reporter could ever ask for,” she said, praising Rupert Murdoch’s family for its kindness toward her. Her last show at Fox airs Friday. Kelly’s closing remarks came less than 12 hours after the surprise announcement that she will be giving up her prime-time role at Fox for a multi-year deal that includes several roles at NBC. She will launch a daytime program as well as a Sunday evening news magazine show, and be part of the network’s coverage of major political and breaking-news events. Murdoch, executive chairman of 21st Century Fox, said in a statement: “We thank Megyn Kelly for her 12 years of contributions to FOX News. We hope she enjoys tremendous success in her career and wish her and her family all the best.” Kelly told viewers she deeply admires the journalists at NBC, but also said she is “very grateful” to Fox for her 12-year career at the news channel. She expressed similar sentiments in a Facebook posting, singling out not just Murdoch but his sons, Lachlan and James, who led the discussions to keep her. The anchor made one wry reference to her critics, saying she even values those who “very rarely complain” about her on Twitter after a show or a presidential debate–an apparent reference to the Donald Trump supporters who turned on her during the campaign. Fox News fought hard to keep Kelly, who became a breakout star and whose 9 p.m. show was the second-highest rated in cable news, behind the “O’Reilly Factor.” Trump’s attacks on Kelly during the campaign helped turn her into an international celebrity and she was featured on the cover of the New York Times Magazine, Vanity Fair and other publications. She also just published a best-selling memoir, “Settle for More.” Kelly’s contract at Fox was not due to expire for another six months. Money did not appear to be the major factor in her decision; Kelly stood to make an eight-figure salary wherever she went. As she talked about her thinking, it became clear that a top priority was a schedule that would allow her to spend more time with her three young children rather than returning home after their bedtime.

And you have to respect that.  Megyn will do fine at NBC.  Hopefully Megyn will not forget the Fox News viewers and fans that made her millions.  She was an attorney.  Fox News made her a superstar.  As an aside, it’s been reported that Matt Lauer was apparently caught offguard by the hiring of Megyn, and wasn’t very happy about it.   Not that we really care..  But, it’s funny, if it’s true.  Personally, I’d like to see an expanded role for Shannon Bream over at Fox News.  She seems to be the go-to person to sub for all the prime time shows (other than Bill’s), and does as good, if not better, than the hosts she’s subbing for.  To read the rest of this op/ed by Howie Kurtz, click on the text above.

Fox News Surrounded at DNC Protests: ‘No Fox News, No KKK’

Thousands of leftist protesters began a march from City Hall through the streets of Philadelphia and black nationalist speakers screamed about race and Hillary Clinton until they noticed a Fox News producer in the street. The producer had a mic flag that clearly identified Fox News. The protesters quickly attempted to prevent the producer from obtaining footage and doing his job.

The producer was Fox News’ Griff Jenkins, who was getting harrassed by these obnoxious protestors trying to prevent him from reporting in Phily.  The irony in all this is that these losers don’t know just how foolish they’re making themselves out to be.  After all, the KKK was founded in 1865 by southern, former Confederate DEMOCRATS.  And, the KKK was almost exclusively made up of DEMOCRATS for the first 100 years of its existence.  Morons..

Fox targeted by FEC Dems in first-ever vote to punish debate sponsorship

Finally making good on long-harbored anger at conservative media, Democrats on the Federal Election Commission voted in secret to punish Fox News’ sponsorship of a Republican presidential debate, using an obscure law to charge the network with helping those on stage. It is the first time in history that members of the FEC voted to punish a media outlet’s debate sponsorship, and it follows several years of Democratic threats against conservative media and websites like the Drudge Report. The punishment, however, was blocked by all three Republicans on the commission, resulting in a 3-3 tie vote and no action. A Republican FEC commissioner leading that fight, Lee E. Goodman, revealed the vote to Secrets Wednesday and said the official report of the May 26 executive vote will be released Thursday. Goodman has led the fight against several other efforts to censor conservative media by Democrats on the FEC. “The government should not punish any newsroom’s editorial decision on how best to provide the public information about candidates for office,” he said. “All press organizations should be concerned when the government asserts regulatory authority to punish and censor news coverage.” At issue was the Aug. 6, 2015 Fox presidential debate. Initially, the network planned to host one debate featuring 10 candidates. But as the date got close and the nearly two dozen GOP presidential candidates were close in the polls, Fox added a second debate that included seven other candidates. One of the candidates left out filed a complaint to the FEC, charging that Fox was essentially making a contribution to the 17 candidates by letting them have a voice in the debate. CNN did the same thing, but there is no indication that they faced a complaint. Goodman provided details about the vote to Secrets in hopes of highlighting the anti-conservative agenda pushed by Democratic FEC Commissioners Ann Ravel, Ellen Weintraub and Steven Walther. In a statement, Goodman wrote: “A complaint was filed with the FEC alleging that Fox News’ editorial decision to expand the debate from one debate to two debates, and to include 7 candidates in the undercard debate, constituted an illegal corporate contribution by Fox News to the candidates who participated in the debate. The FEC had to decide whether to enforce the corporate contribution ban against Fox News. Astonishingly, three FEC commissioners (Weintraub, Ravel, Walther) concluded that Fox News violated the Federal Election Campaign Act by making a prohibited corporate contribution to the 7 candidates invited to the debate. That is, by expanding the debate format to a broader group of candidates, Fox News violated the law. Three FEC commissioners (Lee Goodman, Matthew Petersen, Caroline Hunter) blocked this regulatory overreach into newsroom editorial judgments. Commissioners Petersen and Hunter and I voted to free Fox News’ editorial judgments from the FEC’s regulatory jurisdiction under the Free Press Clause of the Constitution and the Press Exemption in the Federal Election Campaign Act. Congress included in the Act an explicit exemption for the press and we respect Congress’ decision.” Only once has the commissioned threatened sponsorship of debates. In 1980, the commission moved to censor the Nashua, N.H. Telegraph for planning a debate between Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. The paper pulled out, so Reagan paid the costs himself. It is a debate famous for Reagan barking “I’m paying for this microphone” when a moderator tried to cut him off.

Bob Beckel enters rehab for addiction to pain meds

Fox News confirmed Thursday that “The Five” co-host Bob Beckel has entered a rehab facility to treat his addiction to prescription pain medication spurring from a back surgery he underwent several months ago. Speculation had swirled at the network since Mr. Beckel was last seen on the “The Five” 11 weeks ago. He has been open on the show about his past struggles with alcohol and cocaine, admitting on-air in July 2011 that he was in recovery. “Bob Beckel has entered a rehab facility for treatment of an addiction to prescription pain medication,” Fox News said in a Thursday statement provided to Mediaite. “His relapse developed over the last several months as he tried to cope with extensive back pain before and after he underwent major back surgery. We hope our viewers and the public will respect Bob’s privacy during this difficult time.” Mr. Beckel’s employment status with the network, which stood by anchor Gregg Jarrett during his treatment for alcoholism following an arrest, remains unchanged, Mediaite reported.

We oftentimes take professional jabs at Bob for some of the things he says in his role as the dedicated liberal on “The Five.” But, Bob is an honest liberal with a good heart, who has had the integrity and courage to man up and admit his challenge with addictions. It takes a lot of character, and humility, to do that. Mindful of that, here at The Daily Buzz we wish Bob a healthy recovery, and a speedy return to The Five. We’re all pullin for ya, Bob!

‘Suck a D*ck’: Hip Hop Star Attacks Fox News Host with Homophobic Taunt

Fox News host Eric Bolling and Azealia Banks have engaged in a two week spat over the hip hop star’s admission in Playboy Magazine that she “hates America.” Things escalated late Friday night when Banks used her verified Twitter account to hurl the homophobic taunt “go suck a dick and die” at Bolling. Like “c*cksucker,” telling a man to “suck a dick” is considered a homophobic taunt among many in the Left. Telling someone to “die” is also a prohibited use of what the Left calls “eliminationist rhetoric.” Nevertheless, Banks is almost certain to get a free pass on both counts from the media. A black left-wing woman who hates America represents four protected groups. She also directed her homophobic eliminationist taunt at someone who represents four unprotected groups — a white, male, conservative Fox News anchor.

Wow..  What a disgusting piece of garbage!  Can someone PLEASE give her a one-way ticket to, well, ANYWHERE…and tell her to NEVER EVER come back to this country she “hates” so much?!?  I’m thinking she should be deposited in some Islamic nation in the middle east, lol.  Azealia is the poster child of a self-righteous, liberal, entitlement-minded, arrogant, hateful, black racist in HollyWEIRD and the dominantly liberal media in general.  It must be really tough being a millionaire brat making millions off of people she hates so much.  Kudos to Eric on The Five for calling her out and exposing her for who and what she is.