Month: June 2016

Conservatives Fight to Un-Seat Colorado’s #NeverTrump Delegates

A coalition of Colorado conservatives is banding together to unseat their state’s delegation to the Republican National Convention. As a #NeverTrump plot based in Colorado seeks to stop Trump from winning on the first ballot, Trump and Ted Cruz supporters are uniting to un-seat the 37 pro-Cruz delegates who earned tickets to Cleveland after a caucus system that shut out presidential voting by regular citizens. Trump is heading to Colorado Friday to speak at the Western Conservative Summit. Breitbart News has learned that activists have filed a formal challenge to the Republican National Convention to contest all 37 Colorado at-large delegates and alternates, including 34 who were elected, hoping to fill those seats with new people, including four of the contestants. The challenge is based on the massive ballot errors and inconsistencies that threw the Colorado caucus into chaos and even prompted the chairwoman of the Boulder County GOP to say that the caucus might need to be done over. #NeverTrump supporter Marilyn Marks, who is representing the contestants, told Breitbart News that a hearing will be held in Cleveland to determine whether Colorado will be un-seated. “We got a two and a half page response from the Committee just a couple hours ago,” Marks said, citing a response from the Committee on Contest within the Republican National Convention, which she does not yet have permission to release. Marks quoted the response as saying, “The manner in which the CRC selected its at-large delegates and alternates is hardly a model of excellence…The Committee has serious concerns about the chosen balloting processes…” “They upheld the election, saying there was insufficient evidence of material errors that would affect the outcome of the election,” Marks said. “They absolutely left the door open for an appeal. We will file an appeal.” “There is a tentative time set for a hearing on July 10 in Cleveland, which is a Sunday, and we are confident that we have more than sufficient evidence of material errors that did affect the outcome of the election. We look forward to presenting that to the Committee at the hearing,” Marks said. “I am not a contestant here. We have two Trump supporters, two Cruz supporters…I am personally a #NeverTrump person. However, as you know, the election process was unfair, illegal, and didn’t comply with the rules. Even though I am a NeverTrump person, everyone has a right to a fair process,” Marks added.

Indeed…  Definitely something to keep an eye on..

U.S. accepts record number of Syrian refugees in June despite terrorist screening worries

The U.S. accepted more than 2,300 Syrian refugees in June alone, sending the fiscal year total soaring past the 5,000 mark and putting the government on track to surpass President Obama’s goal of 10,000 by the end of September, but raising questions about screening out potential terrorists. June’s numbers set a monthly record for the Homeland Security and State departments, which committed resources received earlier this year to streamline the process — in what critics say amounted to corner-cutting — to get back on track toward Mr. Obama’s political goal. “I believe we will make the 10,000,” Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson testified to Congress on Thursday, assuaging fears of some Democrats that the administration was going to fall short. Of those accepted in June, more than 99 percent are Sunni Muslims. Just eight identified themselves as Christian, eight identified as a non-Sunni form of Islam, and one reported having no religious affiliation. Those numbers have drawn criticism because the percentage of Sunni Muslims is far greater than that of the Syrian population as a whole, which is about 75 percent Sunni. Mr. Obama vowed last year to take 10,000 refugees as a way to help Syrians caught in a 5-year-old civil war, in which the Assad government, Islamist militants and Western-backed rebels are fighting for control of the country. Security officials warned that it would be difficult to check the histories of refugees, but Mr. Obama dismissed those fears and started the process. It began slowly, but a surge of resources has put the refugee program on track. Michigan, which has a large Muslim enclave around Detroit, accepted more than 10 percent of the refugees in June. The South is increasingly a destination as well, with massive increases in Roanoke, Virginia; Columbia, South Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Nashville, Tennessee. Boise, Idaho, had the biggest surge by percentage, jumping from one refugee in the previous eight months to 20 by the end of June — a total of four more families.

Total insanity!  To read the rest of this article, click on the text above.

CIA Director Brennan Says Istanbul Bombings Should Serve as Warning to U.S.

CIA Director John Brennan said that the suicide bombings in Istanbul, Turkey bore the signs of ISIS and should serve as a warning to Americans that the terrorist group is aiming to carry out similar attacks in the U.S. “I’d be surprised if [ISIS] is not trying to carry out that kind of attack in the United States,” Brennan told Yahoo News Tuesday evening. Although no organization has claimed responsibility for the bombings at Istanbul Ataturk Airport Tuesday night, Brennan said the method of attack fits the profile of the terror group. Three suicide attackers wearing explosive vests opened fire and blew themselves up in the airport’s arrival hall and a nearby parking lot, killing 41 people and wounding 239. The coordinated massacre echoed the ISIS bombings at Brussels Airport three months earlier. Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim told reporters hours after the Istanbul bombings that initial findings implicated ISIS. While the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK, has targeted police and military personnel with bombs during the past year, officials said ISIS is more likely behind Tuesday’s attack. “I am worried from the standpoint of an intelligence professional who looks at the capabilities of [ISIS] … and their determination to kill as many as people as possible and to carry out attacks abroad,” Brennan said. He said ISIS has so far been unable to attack the U.S. directly because of effective homeland security and intelligence measures, but warned that the militants would continue their attempts to infiltrate American defenses. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper raised similar concerns last month. He told CNN in May that ISIS has the capability to conduct a large-scale Paris-style attack in the U.S.

Of course it does.  Here at The Daily Buzz we’ve been issuing the same warning from day one.  And yet, our idiot President wants to continue to import Muslim so-called “refugees” by the hundreds of thousands, without even properly vetting them!  How insane is that?!?  We need to put a halt to ALL immigration (both legal AND illegal) until we can get some type of control over our borders and a properly vetted immigration that benefits the national security and economic interests of America.  What Obama is doing is destroying out national infrastructure, and unnecessarily putting actual American citizens at great risk.

Jury finds Led Zeppelin did not steal intro to rock epic ‘Stairway to Heaven’

Led Zeppelin did not steal a riff from an obscure 1960s instrumental tune to use for the introduction of its classic rock anthem “Stairway to Heaven,” a federal court jury decided Thursday. The verdict in Los Angeles settles a point that music fans have debated for decades but didn’t find its way to court until two years ago, when the trustee for the late Randy Craig Wolfe filed a copyright lawsuit. The trust claimed that Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page lifted a passage that Wolfe, better known as Randy California, wrote for “Taurus,” a short work he recorded with his band Spirit in 1968. Page and singer Robert Plant, who wrote the “Stairway” lyrics, said their creation was an original. In several hours of often-animated and amusing testimony, they described the craft behind one of rock’s best-known songs, all the while denying knowledge of one of the genre’s least-known tunes. Plant cracked up the courtroom when said he didn’t remember most people he had hung out with over the years. In closing arguments, Francis Malofiy, a lawyer representing Wolfe’s trust, criticized Page and Plant’s “selective” memories and “convenient” truths on the witness stand. In trying to show the works were substantially similar, the trust had the tricky task of relying on sheet music because that’s what is filed with the U.S. Copyright Office. Jurors were not played the “Taurus” recording, which contains a section that sounds very similar to the instantly recognizable start of “Stairway.” Instead, they were played guitar and piano renditions by musicians on both sides of the case. Not surprisingly, the plaintiff’s version on guitar sounded more like “Stairway” than the defense version on piano. Experts for both sides dissected both compositions, agreeing mainly that they shared a descending chord progression that dates back three centuries as a building block in lots of songs. The trust’s experts, however, went further and noted several other similarities that made the two works unlike the many other tunes they were compared to, including “My Funny Valentine,” and The Beatles’ “Michelle.” Led Zeppelin’s lawyer said the trust didn’t own the copyright and that the plaintiff failed to prove a case that should have been brought more than 40 years ago when Wolfe was alive and Page and singer Robert Plant would have had better memories. “How can you wait a half century and criticize people … 45 years later for the delay you caused?” Peter Anderson said. “They should have sued in 1972.”

Exactly!  This AP article is a week old, and since then the legal team representing Randy’s estate have said they plan to appeal this decision.  So.. looks like this story is not over..  Anyway, to read the rest of this article, click on the text above.

Petty’s Garage announces 2017 ‘King’ edition Ford Mustang GT

Petty’s Garage announced on Wednesday that they will build 500 “King Edition” 2017 Ford Mustang GT models. The builds also include 43 cars that will feature a special silver scheme to celebrate Richard Petty’s 80th birthday in July 2017. This is the third year that Petty’s Garage and Ford have come together for the special Mustangs honoring “The King,” as the 2017 builds are set to be the largest stock to date. The 2017 King Edition Mustangs will feature 670 horsepower and a full warranty through Ford, while the Premier, 825 horsepower editions will offer a third-party powertrain warranty for three years/36,000 miles. Petty’s Garage will also introduce a King EcoBoost model next year, which includes the addition of a race spoiler and a signature center exhaust system. All models will be available for purchase at local Ford dealerships nationwide.

If only…    To  see an artists depiction of what this beast will look like, click on the text above.     🙂

Russian harassment of US diplomats reportedly includes break-ins, dog-killing

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s security agencies allegedly have ramped up their intimidation of American diplomats across Europe in ways that would be illegal in the United States: harassment, breaking and entering, and in at least one case, killing a man’s dog. Numerous diplomats said Russian intruders would rearrange furniture or turn on lights and televisions in their homes before leaving, according to a series of memos reviewed by Washington Post columnist Josh Rogin. One diplomat accused an intruder of defecating on his carpet. Russia stepped up its intimidation campaign in 2014, after the U.S. hit Moscow with sanctions in response to Russia’s takeover of Crimea, State Dept. spokesman John Kirby told the columnist. Most of the incidents unfolded in Moscow, but others reportedly took place in cities outside Russia. “Harassment and surveillance of our diplomatic personnel in Moscow by security personnel and traffic police have increased significantly,” State Dept. spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau told reporters Monday. She said other U.S. allies reported similar findings, and that Secretary of State John Kerry has raised the issue with Putin. An intruder broke into the home of a U.S. defense official in Moscow and killed his dog during President Obama’s first term, officials told Rogin. Diplomats also accused Russian security workers of slashing tires and following the children of former U.S. ambassador Michael McFaul as they went to school. “Since the return of Putin, Russia has been engaged in an increasingly aggressive gray war across Europe. Now it’s in retaliation for Western sanctions because of Ukraine,” former U.S. ambassador to the Czech Republic Norm Eisen said. “They are hitting American diplomats literally where they live.”

Wow..  Sounds like State Dept personnel abroad need to hunker down for a while…and that we should return the favor.  Vlad the bully misses the good ol’ Soviet days when he ran the KGB.  If he wants to play hardball like this, I say we fight back and turn the heat up on their diplomats.  If we do nothing, they’ll view that as a sign of weakness.  And, that would NOT be good.

Fox targeted by FEC Dems in first-ever vote to punish debate sponsorship

Finally making good on long-harbored anger at conservative media, Democrats on the Federal Election Commission voted in secret to punish Fox News’ sponsorship of a Republican presidential debate, using an obscure law to charge the network with helping those on stage. It is the first time in history that members of the FEC voted to punish a media outlet’s debate sponsorship, and it follows several years of Democratic threats against conservative media and websites like the Drudge Report. The punishment, however, was blocked by all three Republicans on the commission, resulting in a 3-3 tie vote and no action. A Republican FEC commissioner leading that fight, Lee E. Goodman, revealed the vote to Secrets Wednesday and said the official report of the May 26 executive vote will be released Thursday. Goodman has led the fight against several other efforts to censor conservative media by Democrats on the FEC. “The government should not punish any newsroom’s editorial decision on how best to provide the public information about candidates for office,” he said. “All press organizations should be concerned when the government asserts regulatory authority to punish and censor news coverage.” At issue was the Aug. 6, 2015 Fox presidential debate. Initially, the network planned to host one debate featuring 10 candidates. But as the date got close and the nearly two dozen GOP presidential candidates were close in the polls, Fox added a second debate that included seven other candidates. One of the candidates left out filed a complaint to the FEC, charging that Fox was essentially making a contribution to the 17 candidates by letting them have a voice in the debate. CNN did the same thing, but there is no indication that they faced a complaint. Goodman provided details about the vote to Secrets in hopes of highlighting the anti-conservative agenda pushed by Democratic FEC Commissioners Ann Ravel, Ellen Weintraub and Steven Walther. In a statement, Goodman wrote: “A complaint was filed with the FEC alleging that Fox News’ editorial decision to expand the debate from one debate to two debates, and to include 7 candidates in the undercard debate, constituted an illegal corporate contribution by Fox News to the candidates who participated in the debate. The FEC had to decide whether to enforce the corporate contribution ban against Fox News. Astonishingly, three FEC commissioners (Weintraub, Ravel, Walther) concluded that Fox News violated the Federal Election Campaign Act by making a prohibited corporate contribution to the 7 candidates invited to the debate. That is, by expanding the debate format to a broader group of candidates, Fox News violated the law. Three FEC commissioners (Lee Goodman, Matthew Petersen, Caroline Hunter) blocked this regulatory overreach into newsroom editorial judgments. Commissioners Petersen and Hunter and I voted to free Fox News’ editorial judgments from the FEC’s regulatory jurisdiction under the Free Press Clause of the Constitution and the Press Exemption in the Federal Election Campaign Act. Congress included in the Act an explicit exemption for the press and we respect Congress’ decision.” Only once has the commissioned threatened sponsorship of debates. In 1980, the commission moved to censor the Nashua, N.H. Telegraph for planning a debate between Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. The paper pulled out, so Reagan paid the costs himself. It is a debate famous for Reagan barking “I’m paying for this microphone” when a moderator tried to cut him off.